The Forbidden Journal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantastic place to role-play

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gwendolyn Felton
Founder/Drarry Lover
Founder/Drarry Lover
Gwendolyn Felton

Number of posts : 419
Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Empty
PostSubject: Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7   Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:20 am

Rules of The Forbidden Journal

1} When Rping please try to keep OOC posts to a minimum. Having some is fine but please do not have threads that look like the following:

user1: (I want to start a thread but I don’t know what to write about)
user2: (I don’t know either. Maybe we should find someone else to join)
user1: (Okay I guess we should just wait then)
user2: (Yeah maybe they will have some ideas)

or

user1: (Bump?)
user1: (Bump?)
user2: (Can I join?)
user1: (Sure but who are you going to play?)
user2: (I don’t know who should I play?)
user1: (Um, anyone you want. Should I start?)
user2: (Yeah okay go ahead and start I’ll think of someone to play)
user1: (Okay how should I start?)

Things like that can be sent in a private message before you start the thread. Anything with excessive OOC will be locked and deleted. If you are found to have a lot of threads like this you will first be warned then banned.

2} There are several sections. Please use them properly. If there is a thread in the RP section that is not relative it will be locked and deleted. If you don’t know where to post something PM a mod and they will tell you.

3} NO SPAM. Spam on here would be posting the same thread several times, Joining a RP when it has been going for some time, Also posting in a thread and not saying anything relevant to the topic. If you wish to join an RP that has already been established please send a message to the person that started it and ask permission. Always show your fellow RPers respect. If someone joins your thread and refuses to leave please let one of the Mods know and they will take care of it.

4} Properly label your threads. Even if you don’t know what to call your RP put something like Untitled and a short description. Putting the title in all CAPS is not going to draw more attention than something with a good interesting title. Details would include things like *action, romance, medieval, slash*. Several other things you might want to include are what kind of RPer you are looking for like expert or literate. You don’t always have to put Open or Closed in the title but it would be best. That way you don’t have people join if you want it to be closed and you’ll have more people look at it if you want it to be open.
Please always put a rating on your titles. There might be users who do not want to join something with a higher rating. We must respect that.

Here are some examples of good and bad titles.

Good:
Living like the gods (action; open) R
Unexpecting Parents (romance; closed to ***) PG13
Untitled (slash, guy/guy, future setting) NC-17

Bad:
Untitled (PLEASE JOIN)
Lets RP (maybe action) Not Sure what to rate it.

If you are not sure what to rate it review the rating guide. If that doesn’t help give it the best rating you can. You can always message a Mod to change it for you if needed.

5} Please try to keep reposting and bumping your threads to a minimum. If you do not like the way your thread is going talk it over with the person or people you are RPing with. If you repost to much it clogs up the site with the same thing over and over. If no one responds give it time. Maybe the person who you are looking for hasn’t come along yet.
If we see you reposting the same thread too many times we will lock it and delete all of them.

6} While discrimination is never a good thing some of the RPs could be rated for a higher age level. This site was created for many RPers to get past the PG rating. If you do not like higher rated RPs there is a great site that can be recommended.

7} Start an RP with an actual post. Do not post only an idea of what you want the RP to be about or just an outline of your character. You need to post an actual intro. It does not have to be long but enough for the other RPers to get an idea of where the story is going. You may choose to add a character outline but please do not make that all that you post. This would be like starting the thread with an OOC post.

8} Graphics may be of any nature but please only post them in an RP if they are related. If you just want to show off some art work there is a section for that as well. If your art is mature please add a rating to the title of that thread as well.

9} Although there are not many strict rules here discrimination is NOT allowed. There should be no offensive or degrading comments made OOC. If you see any please send a message to a MOD immediately with the URL of that thread.

10} Please try to stay active. We do understand that life can be hectic for everyone but if you haven't logged in for months then it's likely the site has been forgotten about. Staying active isn't necessarily how much you post since I know some just enjoy reading and keeping up with the stories. If someone hasn't logged on in two months, an administrator will send them an email asking if they would still like to be a part of the site. If the email is not answered within a week or if the person has not logged in within a week, their account will be deleted.
Note: You MAY re-create your account if it is deleted for this reason.
====
Thank you, and happy RPing
-Gwen & Krist
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenjournal.rpg-board.net
Gwendolyn Felton
Founder/Drarry Lover
Founder/Drarry Lover
Gwendolyn Felton

Number of posts : 419
Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Empty
PostSubject: Update 21.7.08   Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:56 am

Update: Rule 10 has been added
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenjournal.rpg-board.net

Rules - Read Before Posting - Updated 21.7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forbidden Journal :: Rules & Questions :: Rules & Questions **Updated Rules PLEASE READ**-
Jump to: